6. June 2015 – 18. September 2015
An exhibition celebrating the 60th anniversary of the Vrhnika Firefighters Association brings together all sixteen local volunteer fire departments within the Firefighters Association.
The exhibition illustrates the development of the technology and firefighting equipment used by the sixteen individual departments, the oldest of which was founded in 1878, whilst the youngest was created this year. Exhibits include original horse-drawn manual fire pumps, which have been maintained in perfect working condition to this day, as well as personal firefighting protection equipment and clothing through time.
The exhibits, which to date have been carefully looked after by individual fire departments, are presented together to the general public for the very first time.
Photo Neža Renko